Thurgood is available for school-day field trips
Textbooks may cite cases, names, and dates, but theatre’s unique power is to introduce characters and to bring the cause and effect of history to a human and personal scale. Learn the inspiring story of the first African American to sit on the Supreme Court, and the people and events that influenced him along the way.
Watch this space! We are planning opportunities for students to interact with this production in greater detail as class groups, extra-curricular affinity spaces, or as individuals. Further information will be available in fall 2022
Student Matinee Performances:
- 10am on February 28, March 1, 2, 7, 8, & 16
- Recommended for Middle School and up
- Tickets are $15 each
- 1 free chaperone ticket is provided for every 20 tickets purchased
Additional price reduction or transportation subsidy may be available for schools with need. Please contact us to discuss your interest.
Educational Tools Include:
- Production Guide filled with resources, including historical context
- Writing, discussion, and performance prompts
- Educator preview access to a performance prior to the field trip
- Post-performance reflection tools
- Access to the People's Light education team for support with lesson planning or other accommodations
Are you a school interested in attending a public weekend or evening performance? We can help you with those plans, too!
For curricular resources and instructional questions:
610.647.1900 ext. 187
For reservation process and ticketing:
Group Sales Associate
610.647.1900 ext. 111
- Download the Thurgood Production Guide - Available in January 2023
- Watch this space for additional resources to come