the ripple, the wave that carried me home is available for school-day field trips
A poetic story of family and community, this new play follows our recent student matinees examining civil rights history (including Thurgood Marshall and Gordon Hirabayashi’s landmark Supreme Court cases) with a work of fiction focused on personal and local activism. Themes of coming of age, responsibility, loyalty, and taking a stand for justice all come to life in an award-winning drama centered on the 20th century segregation policies of neighborhood swimming pools, and the generations of one particular Black family who brought change.
NEW THIS YEAR! All student matinee tickets include an interactive workshop for each participating class prior to the field trip – FREE for all schools.
Student Matinee Performances:
- 10am performances on February 28 & 29, March 1, 6, 7, 14 & 21
- Recommended for all grades 7-12
- Tickets are $18 each including an interactive classroom workshop for all participating schools
- 1 free chaperone ticket is provided for every 20 tickets purchased
Additional price reduction or transportation subsidy may be available for schools with need. Please contact us to discuss your interest.
Educational Tools Include:
- Production Guide filled with resources including , writing, discussion, and performance prompts: will be available in January 2024.
- Writing, discussion, and performance prompts
- Educator preview access to a performance prior to the field trip
- Post-performance discussion with the artists
- Access to the People's Light education team for support with lesson planning or other accommodations
Are you a school interested in attending a public weekend or evening performance? We can help you with those plans, too!
For curricular resources and instructional questions:
610.647.1900 ext. 187
For reservation process and ticketing:
Group Sales Associate
610.647.1900 ext. 111