Thurgood is available for school-day field trips
Textbooks may cite cases, names, and dates, but theatre’s unique power is to introduce characters and to bring the cause and effect of history to a human and personal scale. Learn the inspiring story of the first African American to sit on the Supreme Court, and the people and events that influenced him along the way.
People’s Light is proud to host class groups and extracurricular affinity spaces at weekday Student Matinees or at public evening or weekend performances.
Student Matinee Performance Dates:
- 10am on February 28, March 1, 2, 7, 8, 14, & 16
- Recommended for Middle School and up
- Tickets are $15 each
- 1 free chaperone ticket is provided for every 20 tickets purchased
Additional price reduction or transportation subsidy may be available for schools with need. Please contact us to discuss your interest.
Educational Tools Include:
- Production Guide filled with resources, including historical context
- Educator preview access to a performance prior to the field trip
- Post-performance reflection tools
- Access to the People's Light education team for support with lesson planning or other accommodations
Are you a school interested in attending a public weekend or evening performance between Feb 22 and March 19? We can help you with those plans, too!
For curricular resources and instructional questions:
610.647.1900 ext. 187
For reservation process and ticketing:
Group Sales Associate
610.647.1900 ext. 111
- Download the Thurgood Production Guide
- Watch a pre-rehearsal chat between Thurgood actor Brian Marable and People’s Light staff about the inspiration and preparation for this performance.