As we (finally!) reunite for the 2021/2022 Season, we approach our return to live theatre with a newfound appreciation for what it means to gather together. We're excited to make your visit to People’s Light as gratifying and memorable as always—though some things might look a little different this year. Recommended protocols may shift with evolving local and national guidelines, so please continue to check this page for the most up-to-date information when planning your visit to People's Light.
Masks and Vaccination Policy
Masks are required indoors for everyone who visits People's Light, regardless of vaccination status. Audience members must remain masked at all times in our theatres.
Ticket holders must show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID test, along with a valid ID, for entry into the theatre. Valid ID includes any government photo ID, or two other identifying documents, such as a W-2 form, pay stub, utility bill, or other documented evidence of name and address.
- To be considered fully vaccinated, your performance date must be at least 14 days after your second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or at least 14 days after a single-dose vaccine.
- Unvaccinated audience members, including children under 12, must provide proof of a COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance start time, or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance start time. Home tests will be accepted. A map of testing locations in Pennsylvania can be found here.
- For a quicker check-in, we recommend using the My Bindle app, which is a secure, virtual wallet for your health records. Click here to learn more about Bindle. Or, you can create an album in the photos folder of your cell phone that contains a copy of your vaccination card/test result and valid ID. You may show a photocopy, legible photo, or timestamped electronic copy of your vaccination card or test result.
People's Light joins a large group of other theatres in the Philadelphia region in implementing these standardized protocols for the safety of all audience members, staff, and artists.
Seating and Capacity
New this season, People’s Light staff will seat you in-the-moment upon your arrival (think: how a host might seat you at a restaurant). While you will have a chance to communicate seating needs or requests when purchasing tickets or subscriptions, you will not be able to select specific seats ahead of time. We intend to seat everyone with care, based on the size of your party or accessibility needs, and will do our best to accommodate seating requests.
Please note that the only socially-distanced performances currently scheduled are on Tuesday and Friday evenings, in addition to the Relaxed Performance for each production. These performances are only sold to 50% capacity. All other performances are being sold to full capacity at this time. Please call or email the Box Office at 610-644-3500 or email@example.com if you already purchased tickets and would like to exchange into a socially-distanced performance.
Capacities will adjust as needed for the remainder of the season based on CDC guidelines.
More Changes and Upgrades
- People’s Light is following cleaning guidelines issued by the CDC, including an upgraded HVAC system and sanitization of high touch areas. The 21/22 Season begins two months later than usual, with only six productions and fewer performances to allow for implementation of enhanced cleaning procedures.
- Our Leonard C. Haas and Steinbright Stages have been reconfigured with wider aisles, improved lighting, and new handrails, among other accessibility upgrades to make the seating process and moving within the theatre more comfortable.
- Our new paperless ticketing process allows for a seamless, contactless check-in at your performance.
- We understand things can change quickly and unexpectedly. If you are unable to attend your scheduled performance, we offer free exchanges, no questions asked. We’re maximizing flexibility for ticket holders this season with simplified ticket pricing and subscription package options.
- While we are thrilled to return to in-person programming, we recognize that many continue to benefit from streaming theatre at home.
- A filmed version of Hold These Truths, which is currently onstage in the Steinbright, is available to stream from home for $15 through May 3. CLICK HERE to purchase streaming access.
- A filmed version Bayard Rustin Inside Ashland will stream June 14 – June 27. Stay tuned for purchasing information.
- A Christmas Carol was available for streaming in late December, and is no longer streaming. We hope to offer digital access to more titles this season, so keep an eye on our Always On virtual stage for updates.
Artist and Staff Safety
People's Light is a vaccine-mandated workplace, including all eligible artists and staff. Masks are required throughout our shared spaces, and all staff working at performances will be masked. Strict health and safety protocols are in place to ensure artist and staff safety during rehearsals, including regular COVID testing, the presence of a COVID Compliance Manager, limited capacity in rehearsal spaces, increased HVAC filtration, use of auxiliary HEPA filters, and enhanced PPE and cleaning procedures. If you have questions about our protocols for staff and artists, please contact General Manager Erin Sheffield at firstname.lastname@example.org.
People’s Light puts health and safety first in making all programmatic choices and actively follows local and national recommendations regarding COVID-19. If you have questions about what to expect during your visit, please reach out to our Box Office at 610-644-3500 or email@example.com. We can’t wait to see you!