The chief organizer of the 1963 March on Washington, Bayard Rustin was a West Chester native, but many local students and adults alike are surprised to learn about his prominence as an openly gay Civil Rights activist and advocate for nonviolent resistance. Influences and interactions from his extraordinary life are explored in a traveling performance combining text and songs celebrating Rustin’s legacy as a change-maker.
- Recommended for grades 9-12
- 40 minute touring performance
- Dates: October 9-13 (confirmed) and October 16-20 (tentative)
- Cost: $600 for 1 performance, $1000 for 2 in the same day, $1200 for 3 in the same day
During spring 2024 we will pilot our newest interactive classroom workshops for young storytellers. Bring a teaching artist into your school to explore the power of creating characters and community.
- Recommended for grades 1-5
- Appropriate for groups of 10-25
- 40-60 minutes
- Expected availability in spring 2024. Details of schedule and pricing will be announced soon – please express interest to ensure you receive updates as soon as available.