PREFERRED START DATE: October
REPORTS TO: Chaz Brastow, Director of Production
COMPENSATION: $500/week, housing and benefits
HOURS: Full time Non- Exempt
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Stage Management Apprentice will:
- Report directly to Director of Production and to the Stage Manager during the rehearsal and run of the assigned productions.
- Attend all rehearsals and performances. Candidate will be assigned to at least three productions working with several different Stage Mangers, Directors and design teams.
- Prepare rehearsal room and work with Equity Stage Manager to create show related documents including but not limited to prop and costume running sheets, checklists, calendars, rehearsal and performance notes, line notes, etc.
- Prepare and maintain backstage for performance in cooperation with the rest of the production department.
- Support other departments when time permits.
- Participate in company wide events as time permits.
- The ideal candidate thrives with timelines; each event is tightly timed and learning and reacting quickly and efficiently is important to the team and the performance as a whole.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, lifting, bending, climbing ladders and stairs
- Able to work independently, proactively, and with a positive attitude
- Interest and enthusiasm for working on live shows
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Valid Driver’s License
- Previous stagecraft experience while preferred is not mandatory
Please send letter of interest, resume and 2-3 references to Chaz Brastow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is September 2, 2022