EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you love theatre and want a behind-the-scenes experience, come join us! People’s Light, a nationally renowned local theatre, seeks adaptable, energetic, organized people to work Front of House for our upcoming productions of Mushroom and Alice in Wonderland: A Musical Panto. We are particularly interested in culturally sensitive candidates who can work respectfully with our patrons. Successful candidates will need to be willing to learn, work with people of all backgrounds, and think on their feet. Prior theatre or customer service experience is appreciated, but not required. Our staff has included retirees, high-school students, and college students. Spanish language skills are a plus, as is your own transportation. We are located one mile from the Malvern stop on the Paoli/Thorndale regional rail line.
This is a flexible part-time, non-exempt position that will not exceed 29 hours per week. The span of dates for this position is October through January 1, 2022-23. Compensation is $12/hr.
RESPONSIBILITIES CAN INCLUDE:
- Setting up for performances and stocking concessions (including lifting flats of bottles and soda)
- Welcoming patrons, answering patron questions about productions and other People’s Light programs, and navigating the campus
- Assisting in the managing of the house, including ushering patrons into the theatre, seating late-arriving patrons, maintaining theatre protocols, and keeping all public spaces clean
- Supporting special events, such as our Relaxed Performances
- Learning, including de-escalation techniques, bystander intervention, and RAMP training
- Handling emergencies and last-minute situations with grace
- A commitment to Equity and Inclusion
HOW TO APPLY
Use the link above to submit your application. Please provide a cover letter and/or resume, as well as 1-2 professional or personal references. We encourage you to include all volunteer and informal experiences that you think might help you succeed in this position.