CONTACT PERSON/IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:
Eve Trojanov, Director of Patron Engagement
PREFERRED START DATE:
August/September, exact start date is flexible
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Director of Patron Engagement, the Patron Engagement Apprentice is a part-time, non-exempt, at-will position that offers recent college graduates a unique opportunity to work at a nationally renowned regional theatre. Join our team and become part of a passionate group dedicated to excellence. This temporary position expects a 12-18 month commitment, providing valuable behind-the-scenes experience in the theatre industry. Compensation for this role starts at $14 per hour.
At our theatre, we value individuals who share our love for theatre and are eager to contribute to a vibrant Front of House, Box Office, and Sales team. No prior theatre or customer service experience is required, as we believe in providing opportunities for growth and learning. We are seeking adaptable, energetic, and organized individuals who are enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced environment and are committed to delivering exceptional service to our patrons.
- Work closely with the Box Office Manager, Front of House Manager, Ticketing and Operations Manager, and Director of Patron Engagement to ensure the smooth operation of Patron Engagement departmental activities.
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all patrons, fostering positive interactions and demonstrating cultural sensitivity.
- Learn and adapt to various roles, including ticketing, concessions, ushering, and more. Includes but is not limited to ticketing and reporting through Tessitura, coordinating customer service interactions through various channels, attending meetings, and other duties as assigned.
- Provide guidance and assistance to patrons, answering questions, and resolving any issues or concerns.
- Collaborate with a diverse team and engage with patrons of all backgrounds with respect and professionalism.
- Demonstrate flexibility and quick thinking to handle unexpected situations that may arise during performances.
- Continuously learn and grow by taking advantage of the numerous opportunities to expand knowledge of the theatre industry.
- Exhibit a commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Genuine passion for theatre and a desire to work behind the scenes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and the capacity to think on your feet.
- Organizational skills to manage various tasks and responsibilities efficiently.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Access to transportation is preferred; we are located one mile from the Malvern stop on the Paoli/Thorndale regional rail line.
If you are excited about theatre and eager to gain firsthand experience in a professional setting, we invite you to join our team at People's Light. Apply now and become part of an inclusive and dynamic community that values collaboration, growth, and the transformative power of the arts.
HOW TO APPLY
Via the online form linked below, please provide your resume, cover letter, and references. Please provide two preferred references along with their contact information (please note that People’s Light staff may contact references prior to first interviews). Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all open positions are filled.