Department: Marketing & Communications
Contact: Erica Ezold, Director of Finance & Operations
Job Type: Full Time
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
People’s Light, a LORT D theater located outside of Philadelphia, seeks an experienced Director of Marketing & Communications to lead marketing strategy. Now in its 47th season, People’s Light is a nationally recognized and award-winning theatre company located in Chester County, PA. People’s Light also owns and operates The Farmhouse at People’s Light, a for-profit catering venue, and The Fern & Fable restaurant.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations, and working closely with the Producing Artistic Director, the Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for overseeing the strategic planning and execution of all marketing, advertising, communications, and audience engagement initiatives for People’s Light. Operating with an annual budget of just over $7 million, People’s Light is working to rebuild audiences to pre-pandemic levels and to redefine loyalty and engagement in a shifting landscape.
The Director of Marketing & Communications will oversee a staff of four. The current configuration includes a Director of Digital Media & Graphic Design, Director of Data Analysis, Marketing Manager, and Digital Media Assistant. They will work in collaboration with an external PR company.
This is a full-time salaried exempt position. People’s Light aims to provide flexibility with in-person work where possible. This position is expected to be in-person at least three days per week. Some evening and weekend work will be needed. Full vaccination against Covid-19 is required.
- Create subscription and/or single ticket marketing strategies and plans for all theatre productions. Goals are to significantly grow the audience for all productions.
- Track and evaluate all revenue channels (print/broadcast/direct mail/telemarketing/e-commerce, etc.) to positively affect future campaigns. Timely wrap-up reports of individual series campaigns analyzing future opportunities and challenges based on comprehensive analysis.
- Alongside Director of Development and Director of Patron Engagement, oversee implementation and design of patron retention strategies to engage and maintain highest level of patron loyalty for the organization.
- Collaborate with Director of Development to articulate and elevate the identity of People’s Light to better attract partners, donors, and patrons.
- Establish the overall strategy and supervise the execution of all ticketing and promotional activities to further the presence of the organization. Provide pricing data to position products, packages, and services to achieve maximum sales potential.
- Work with outside PR consultant on press strategies for all productions, as well as institutional stories.
- Monitor ticket sales reports and adjust advertising strategies accordingly.
- Work with team to produce season brochures, advertising, and all other marketing materials across all collateral mediums.
- Work with Director of Patron Engagement to plan season rollout timelines and create sales promotions.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of marketing and advertising disciplines is necessary.
- Knowledge and previous experience in a performing arts institution is preferred.
- Attention to detail, the ability to exercise discretion and strong organization and writing skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, strong communication skills, and problem-solving ability are all necessary.
- Experience with Tessitura is preferred.
- A commitment to Equity and Inclusion.
Salary will be in the range of $65,000 - $70,000. Benefits include the following:
- Medical/dental/life/disability insurance plans (employee coverage 100% funded);
- Defined Contribution Plan through TIAA-CREF with employer contributions after 1 year
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
Please send cover letter, writing sample, and resume to email@example.com