CONTACT PERSON: Erica Ezold
JOB TYPE: Full Time
COMPENSATION: $65,000 - $75,000
JOB DEPARTMENT: Administration/Finance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
People’s Light, a LORT D theater located outside of Philadelphia, seeks an experienced Controller. Now in its 47th season, People’s Light is a nationally recognized and award-winning theatre company located in Chester County, PA. People’s Light also owns and operates The Farmhouse at People’s Light, a for-profit catering venue, and The Fern & Fable restaurant.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations (DFO), the Controller oversees all accounting and related financial reporting systems, ensuring accuracy and internal controls, as well as compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements.
The Controller is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Finance Department including supervision of staff who perform accounts payable, payroll processing, bank reconciliations and daily cash receipt functions.
The Controller will take the lead in preparing for and working with all external audits, as well as all regulatory filings. They are responsible for establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls to protect the organization’s assets.
This is a full-time salaried exempt position. People’s Light aims to provide flexibility with in-person work where possible. This position is expected to be in-person at least three days per week. Full vaccination against Covid-19 is required.
- Supervise Staff Accountant (responsible for payroll processing, accounts payable and cash tracking) and Senior Accountant & Benefits Specialist (responsible for bank reconciliations, monthly close and company health benefits)
- Track and report on restricted funds
- Work with DFO and department heads in developing the Annual Budget
- Investigate and discuss budget to actual differences with DFO and department managers
- Prepare budget projections as needed
- Complete financial surveys
- Work with DFO and outside broker on annual insurance coverage renewal
- Work with Development Manager on grant budgets
- Work with DFO on cash flow analysis and planning
- Lead the annual audit and tax preparation processes, in collaboration with the DFO and outside audit and tax firm
- Monitor internal controls and propose/implement new controls as necessary.
- Bachelors or Associates in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent work experience.
- Experience and knowledge of GAAP required, non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience with general ledger software and Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
- Attention to detail, the ability to exercise discretion and strong organization skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, strong communication skills and problem-solving ability are all necessary.
- A commitment to Equity and Inclusion.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com