EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Part Time, Salaried
Reporting to the Community Programs Creative Director, the Community Programs Associate will join our highly collaborative and continually evolving company in supporting all aspects of the department’s programming and community relations.
This position will be a member of the Community Programs staff. Their primary (but not exclusive) charge is Surround Programs co-producing and event management. In collaboration with our Artistic Staff and guest dramaturgs, they will coordinate engagements that range from interactive lobby displays and pre-show/post-show discussions to film-screenings, live podcast recordings, and professional mixers.
This is a part-time position with daily hours that fluctuate due to rehearsal and performance schedules, teaching, touring, and other dynamics. Working remotely may be possible at certain times, and the company is flexible regarding office hours, but this is a predominantly in-person, on-campus job. Up to 29 hours per week, with agreed upon flexibility. Includes paid holidays and 5 PTO days per year.
Programming: The Community Programs Associate will collaborate with the Community Programs Creative Director and People’s Light staff to generate and solidify Surround Programs for all mainstage productions. This may include, but are not limited to, creating lobby displays, organizing pre-show/post-show discussions, planning community-specific gatherings, etc.
Producing: The Community Programs Associate will work alongside the Community Programs Creative Director and Associate Producing Director to produce Surround Programs for all mainstage productions.
Marketing: The Community Programs Associate will work in tandem with the Community Programs Creative Director in collaborating with Marketing in supporting these events including generating audience, promotional material, cross-promotion with other organizations, and archiving
Community Relations: The Community Programs Associate will collaborate with the Community Programs Creative Director in nurturing existing and cultivating new community partner relationships. The Community Programs Associate will track and document engagement with these partners.
IDEA: Identify and connect artists and community partners whose antiracist work and practices advance our organization’s commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility.
Qualifications and Critical Competencies:
- A strong collaborator in a variety of environments and circumstances.
- A generous advocate for the work of others, invested in the value of meaningful and reciprocal relationships.
- A patient, discreet listener who is joyfully curious about the people and environments around them.
- A strong communicator of personal and institutional vision, purpose, and plans.
- Adept in various types of project management: the ability to understand and design both the strategy and operational aspects of a project, to juggle multiple competing priorities, to adapt to changing circumstances and contexts, and to follow through on commitments.
- A generator and facilitator of inclusive environments: able to thoughtfully create space for and interact effectively with people of different cultural, socioeconomic, and political backgrounds; a rigorous interest in productively questioning the cultural status quo and engaging in solution-oriented systems-thinking.
- A strong writer.
Application Instructions and Hiring Process
To submit an application, please provide your resume and a page-length maximum statement about why you are interested in this position. Please provide two maximum preferred references along with their contact information (please note that People’s Light staff may contact references prior to an interview).