CONTACT PERSON/IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:
Eve Trojanov, Director of Patron Engagement
PREFERRED START DATE:
November/December, exact start date is flexible
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Director of Ticketing & Sales, the Box Office Apprentice is a part-time, non-exempt position that will not exceed 29 hours per week. This position provides recent college graduates the opportunity to work at a professional theatre and become part of a team which strives for excellence with passion. This is a temporary position spanning a 12-18 month commitment with a possibility for continuing work. Compensation is $14/hr.
- 12-18 month position working 29 hours a week in the box office M-F, 11-5 and Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs when in performance; start date is flexible and schedule allows for some flexibility as needed
- special projects as assigned (such as order fulfillment, managing community partner donations, etc.)
- trained on Tessitura to handle subscription and ticket purchasing with patrons
- bring in shows when in performance
- respond to phone calls, emails, and in-person visits
- attend organization-wide meetings and other meetings as pertinent
- A commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- foundational understanding of the inner workings of theatre administration
- exploration of other departments' responsibilities through meetings and mentorship opportunities, which would be built into the structure of the Box Office Apprentice's day during the schedule mentioned above; such examples include finance, development, marketing, and education
- chance to meet and greet cast and crew of various productions working and living at People’s Light, a regional theatre featuring high-caliber talent and production value
- will create a development plan upon arrival that will include regular check-ins for recalibration as the 12-18 month period elapses
- opportunity to learn as much as desired in the Tessitura ticketing platform
- People’s Light is touted as one of the most proficient users of Tessitura in our regional Consortium, which now features around 30 members
- being a member of a Consortium gives us the chance to not only meet with experts in their field for fine-tuning back-end processes in Tessitura, but also allows us to reach out to a closely-knit network of affiliated arts organizations to ask about processes, policies, and procedures
- currently our on-site staff consists of 5 full-time power users with at least 35 years of collective hands-on experience
This is a part-time, non-exempt position that will not exceed 29 hours per week. Desired start date is March 2022, but timing is flexible. Compensation is $14/hr.
HOW TO APPLY
Via the online form linked below, please provide your resume, cover letter, and references. Please provide two preferred references along with their contact information (please note that People’s Light staff may contact references prior to first interviews). Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all open positions are filled.