Front of House Manager
The Front of House Manger is responsible for the smooth and efficient day to day running of front of house operations. They lead and develop the FOH staff in both their activity and their approach, providing a safe, welcoming and vibrant environment for patrons, visitors and staff. They hold the lead role in maintaining excellent customer service.
The Front of House Manager is the direct supervisor of all house management staff and volunteers. They will oversee all other house management administrative tasks such as scheduling, inventory, and placing orders with vendors. Before each production and on a weekly basis you will survey the house, ensure areas of merchandise and concessions are stocked, the lobby, bathrooms, and house of the theatre(s) in use are cleaned and presentable and that trash is removed to the dumpster following every performance or as needed. You will also be responsible for the parking lot and walkways, particularly during inclement weather when sidewalks, steps, and walkways should be shoveled and/or salted and determining if appropriate personnel is called to plow and salt the parking lots. Compliance with safety procedures, licensing and emergency evacuation plan is essential.
As a house manager your responsibilities will change in accordance with the needs of the production. This position requires some element of “going with the flow,” to assess the needs of the given situation and react to it in that moment.
This is a full-time position that directly reports to the Director of Patron Services. You will also work closely with theatre administration and facility management.
Ongoing Responsibilities Include:
• Take lead operational responsibility for the safety and security of the building, ensuring that all systems and procedures
for security are followed at all times including opening and locking up the theatre venues.
• Manage patron relations for two stages
• Recruit, train, schedule and supervise of HM staff and volunteer ushers, merchandise sellers, and concessions personnel
• Communicate effectively all administrative policy and procedure updates to the FOH staff
• Submit time sheets weekly on Sunday for both HM
• Hold Quarterly FOH staff development meetings regarding programming, upcoming events
• Supervise all 10am performances
• Ensure FOH staff compliance with the Emergency Action Plan and compliance with licensing safety, as well as receive fire awareness training, participate in fire drills, familiar with the Fire Evacuation procedures
• File accident reports and keep accurate records of incidents
• Meet or exceed all Accessibility and Health and Safety requirements. FOH staff trained in RAMP and Safe Serve. CPR/ first aid certification
• Submit house after each performance
• Perform regular checks on all interior and exterior spaces to make sure that the environment is safe and everything is in working order. Determine when contracted services are needed such as snow removal and salting.
• Order all concessions and merchandise products and supplies (works with Chef to place orders for cookies/brownies and other supplies through the Farmhouse or US Foods)
• Prepare deposits for all merchandise, ice cream, concession, and alcohol revenue
• Supply the Director of Audience Services and General Manager with inventories of ice cream, merchandise, concessions, and alcohol taken on the last day of each month
• Ensure that the Sales and Service concierge policy is followed by all FOH staff- all patrons and visitors should have a 5 star hospitable experience while on the campus
• Ensure that FOH staff maintain and deliver a high standard of appearance and customer service
• Greet patrons as the arrive and as they depart, engage them in conversation, answer their questions and make suggestions about how upcoming activities at the Theatre or Farmhouse might be a good fit for them: Motto “Inquire, Include and Invite”
• Make decisions regarding unusual policy concerns
• Stage Management Team communication
• Schedule monthly meeting with Director of Patron Service regarding season programming, upcoming events, Farmhouse services, etc. Develop FOH staff quarterly meeting agenda
• Attend play production presentations- highly recommended
If you are interested in auditioning for People's Light, here's what you need to know: The People’s Light is a LORT D theatre. People's Light has a resident company of over 20 actors, but also casts some equity and non-equity roles from outside the company. Auditions are held on an invitation-only basis. For consideration, submit your headshot/resume to email@example.com or by mail to:
Andrew Kane, Executive Assistant & Resident Casting Director
39 Conestoga Road
Malvern, PA 19355
Ticketing Service Representatives
Now accepting applicants for part-time box office ticketing representative positions to start work no later than February, 2015. Successful candidates must have flexible schedules and be able to work nights and weekends. Applicants should be computer literate, comfortable with a high volume of telephone calls, have the ability to multitask, and enjoy working with the public. Customer service and Tessitura ticketing software experience is a plus. Candidates must have reliable transportation. The box office is open year-round, offers 14-29 hours per week when in production, and is great for recent college grads and those individuals seeking entry level arts administration positions.
Please mail, e-mail, or fax resume to the Box Office Manager, Ronald L. Wright Jr. at People’s Light, 39 Conestoga Road, Malvern, PA 19355. Fax: 610-640-9521, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.
House Management Staff
People’s Light seeks part-time house management staff for our 2015/2016 Season. Primarily evening, and weekend hours available, along with occasional daytime hours. Applicants should be comfortable with face to face patron interaction, monetary sales/transactions, and selling basic concessions. Customer service and retail experience is a plus. Must have transportation. Please mail, e-mail, or fax resume to the Front of House Manager, Julie Anne Evans, at People’s Light and Theater Co., 39 Conestoga Road, Malvern, PA 19355. Fax: 610.640.9521, e-mail: email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
We are not currently accepting unsolicited scripts.
If you are interested in being an usher, please contact the House Manager at 610.647.1900 x195 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other volunteer positions, please email email@example.com.
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of Chester County and our surrounding community. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. People’s Light is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, or veteran status.