One year apprenticeship; part time: 20 hours/week, hourly rate
The Marketing Apprentice will report to the Marketing Manager and work closely with the department staff to build capacity and increase diversity for the many offerings at People’s Light. The Apprentice may assist with audience research, special events, group sales, direct mail, digital assets and subscription and single ticket campaigns. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and computer skills, be interested in theatre marketing, thrive in a fast-paced, independent environment and have the desire to work with an enthusiastic and creative team.
• Develop social media content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Prepare materials for press, cast members, and audiences
• Distribute theatre’s promotional postcards, brochures, and other miscellaneous mailing needs
• Manage relationship with local business partners, i.e. find cross-promotional opportunities, hang posters and distribute flyers
• Maintain marketing materials and displays in theatre lobby
• Organize department archives
• Promote plays and events online via social media and other online platforms
• Manage ticket discounts and giveaways
• Provide support at marketing promo events
• Attend marketing meetings and participate in brainstorming
• Update press lists
• Assist with web research for new trends/best practices
• Create flyers, vouchers, or other marketing collateral
• Miscellaneous administrative support
Applicants interested in learning about the day-to-day functions of a professional theater marketing department should apply. This position is well-suited for candidates with an interest in the world of marketing in the non-profit arts sector. Microsoft Publisher or Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to Marketing Manager Rosemary Devine at email@example.com by March 17, 2017. No phone calls please.
If you are interested in auditioning for People's Light, here's what you need to know: The People’s Light is a LORT D theatre. People's Light has a resident company of over 20 actors, but also casts some equity and non-equity roles from outside the company. Auditions are held on an invitation-only basis. For consideration, submit your headshot/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Erin Sheffield, Executive Associate
39 Conestoga Road
Malvern, PA 19355
We are not currently accepting unsolicited scripts.
If you are interested in being an usher, please contact the House Manager at 610.647.1900 x195 or email@example.com. For all other volunteer positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of Chester County and our surrounding community. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. People’s Light is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, or veteran status.