We’ll make a future rooted in our history of artistic achievement and fiscal discipline. Our core values are these: excellence in the quality of our plays and programs; service to our community; depth and longevity in our relationships; the ongoing engagement with our company, audiences, students, teachers, and funders; and our dedication to arts education. They inspire and guide us as we aim to become a place where people of all ages and backgrounds enjoy a range of theatre experiences that begins with entertainment and invites deep learning. We seek to become essential to the civic and cultural life of the Philadelphia region and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
People’s Light, a professional theatre in Chester County, Pennsylvania, makes plays drawn from many sources to entertain, inspire, and engage our community. We extend our mission of making and experiencing theatre through arts education programs that excite curiosity about, and deepen understanding of, the world around us. These plays and programs bring people together and provide opportunities for reflection, discovery, and celebration.
* We commit to excellence with passion and discipline.
* We believe in collaboration, and that the long-term relationships of a resident company, leavened by frequent guest artists, produce our best work.
* We balance our season to include the classics, new plays, community-based projects, school residencies, and classes.
* We welcome people of all ages, races, and backgrounds. The plays and programs we offer explore and celebrate the diversity of our company and community.
* We value hospitality. It’s essential to the way we work together.
* We honor our resources. We live within our financial means; we look after our buildings and grounds; we treat one another with respect.