The award-winning Arts Discovery programs of People’s Light serve a diverse range of young people from communities and schools in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. These programs complement school curricula, enhance literacy and language arts programs, and provide experiential forums in which youth can investigate, express, and discover themselves and their world.
Our key objectives:
- Cultivate creativity, life-long learning, and innovation
- Build skills in literacy, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Engage teachers and students in learning through theatre
- Collaborate intensively with small groups of young people to effect positive and lasting change
- Promote acceptance of and advocacy for diversity
- Share high-quality theatre with an ever-widening range of students